Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Vonage

You know me...when I find a product that I think is great...I have to share.

Now, I can't say that I love the Vonage phone system. We do have a few issues with dropped calls and no service. But not enough to override the $25 a month fee for unlimited everything.

The thing that I love about it though, I just discovered (after two years). I can forward my home calls to my cell phone. Now, I know you are thinking, big deal. But the cool part is that I can have the call ring simultaneously to my home phone and my cell phone. That means that if you call my home phone when I am home, I can answer that phone. But if you call my home phone when I am in the car, I will answer it on my cell phone.

This makes it really easy to get a hold of me, if I am reachable). Call my home phone and I will get the call even if I am not home. The reason this works so great for me is that I leave my cell phone in the car (otherwise I forget to bring it with me when I leave). If you call my cell phone and I am not in the car I won't answer. Before, if you called my home phone and I wasn't home, I wouldn't answer (duh!). And then you would have to try my cell phone. Now I can give out one number, you can call that one number and if I don't answer its because I am not available, for whatever reason. Cool, huh?!

4 comments:

Rachael Hutchings said...

We've been using Lingo for the past 3 years and have loved it! In fact we just got my parents to switch too!

Jen said...

I think so many people are already overwhelmed with all that they have to do that to add one more thing to their busy schedules is just out of the question. But, that's OK, let those of us that like to have fun, do it, right! For me, it provides an activity to get my mind off of other things. It is relaxing for me. This is a very fun idea! And, I was just looking at what I could send the girls with my friend that is leaving for Ukraine in three weeks and I was thinking of making them bracelets. So that would be perfect! They would love them. Don't worry about the three week part though, I send packages periodically and can send them on whenever you finish them. Thanks so much! I am excited to see what you come up with.

reesekelleyandboys said...

Hey Tiffany! So I was thinking we do need to get Bracken and Dane together. Bracken is off track after Friday and I was thinking Dane is off track now too right? So we need to find a day for them to play! Let me know your schedule and we'll work it out!

robert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.