Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dress Up

Mackenzie likes to do everything that her big brothers do...especially Brice, who is really into superhero costumes right now. She brings me costumes and grunts at me until I put them on. Then she runs around just like her brothers. I think the combination of the costume with her cute girlie outfit is great!




Then the other day the boys were at school and she was digging through my drawers...she loves to empty them onto my floor. Well this time she found something she wanted to wear. The first picture is how I found her. I thought I would help her put on the pretty "dress". So, at what age can I start buying her princess dresses??



I love that she is a bit of a tomboy, having two older brothers. She is tough! But I think its great that she can be a little girlie. She is already gets excited about pretty dresses and shoes. She is so proud when I tell her how pretty she is.

The other day we were looking at shoes at Target. I found some pink ballet slippers and tried them on her. When I took them off and put her other shoes back on she screamed, jumped off my lap, grabbed the ballet slippers and ran away. Then she sat back down, took off her shoe and tried to put the pretty ballet slipper back on. Ugh! What am I in for? Adorable, yet so stubborn!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brian and Miah Anderson said...

Oh, I know exactly what you're in for because I've been there, done that !!! Sydney has a MAJOR shoe fettish that started at about 1 year old. Now EVERYTHING she wears has to be pretty (that idea changes from day to day) and she flips out if she isn't "pretty enough". She is VERY girlie,( dress-ups, make-up, dresses, barbies, dolls) but she has no problem playing in the dirt with Connor and his friends or playing truck and guys. Good luck!

Haute Deb Designs said...

This is so adorable!! I love what she found in your drawer to play dress up in ;) It kind of makes me realize that I am okay with having all boys. I don't know what I would do about the shoe thing. Actually, I do, I would have totally bought them for her!!!