Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bracelets

I am not normally a crafty person. But occasionally I find something I enjoy. When I lived in San Diego all of my friends had baby girls. They all wore the cutest bracelets. I thought it was such a cute way to say "I am a girl!" I was thrilled when I finally had my own girl. One of the first things I wanted to get for her was one of those adorable bracelets. Especially since dressing my bald baby in pink and putting a big flower on her head wasn't enough to stop the question, "Is it a boy or a girl?"
I searched and finally I bought one and then was given and even better one. I realized, "Hey, I can do this!" Now its been a year, and after lots of searching, shopping, practicing, trying new things and asking a great friend for help (thanks Leah!) I figured it out! I have decided to share my "talent" (which really doesn't count, because anyone could make these if you had enough desire) and make a little extra money.
For those of you who have been around me, you've seen the many variations of bracelets that Mackenzie wears. With the plan to make and sell them I have upgraded to much better quality beads and clasps. They are beautiful. I plan to have a bunch on hand if you want to pick one up or I will take special orders as well. The infant ones can be simple or I can add more colors or charms.


I will also make "Big Sister" bracelets to match or just bigger ones for older girls...any age.


I can make ones to match an outfit or a holiday:

Or for a special occasion:
The beads are beautiful "Cat's Eye" glass beads in various colors. I use small, oval trigger or "lobster" clasps (as shown on the pink and white bracelet above) and closed jump rings. Satisfaction guaranteed! If for some reason it breaks or doesn't fit, send/bring back the pieces and I will give you a new one. The infant ones range from $10-$12 and the bigger ones from $12 to $15, depending on the beads and charms you choose. I will give a discount for additional bracelets purchased together.
These are great for gifts...especially for the person who is having their 3rd girl and you want to give them something "different" or even for that first daughter that you want to treat as a princess. Mackenzie has worn one since she was only a few months old. She always has it on and rarely notices its there; unless we tell her how pretty she is...she loves that!
Posted by PicasaEmail me and let me know what you want: tiffyj@byu.net

5 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so excited to be the recipient of your talent! Thanks again. I can't wait to see them.

Liz said...

I applaud your entrepreneurial spirit! What a great idea. Wish I had a little girl to enjoy the fruits of your talent. :)

Liz said...

P.S. Thank you for your very nice comment on my blog. I really appreciated that and am exceptionally grateful for our friendship!

Rachael Hutchings said...

So pretty! You should open an etsy shop!

Bates Family said...

You've got it started. Yeah! Hope it all goes well. We are officially out of Riverside and have moved to chino Hills, we are going to start the house hunt soon.