Wednesday, May 14, 2008

To blog or not to blog...that was my question.

I spend WAY too much time on the computer. Its not that I am "surfing the internet" or playing games but somehow between MOMS Club organization, bills, research on parenting, the occasional shopping, stuff for Primary, reading my three family websites, looking at friends' blogs, editing pictures and of course the endless email, I spend more time than I would like to on the computer. I had thought about creating my own blog but like I mentioned before, I have THREE family websites that I post stuff on (my parents their extended family, Dan's family and my grandma's extended family). But it seems like every week another friend tells me that they have a blog and that I should really start one too. But, I still was against it because I was about five months behind on my journal writing (which is also on the computer). If I was going to spend MORE time on the computer it really should be catching up and staying caught up on that. But then I had some time this week and, going all the way back to Christmas, I caught up. Hooray! Then I started thinking about a blog. I am justifying it with the hope that I will spend a few minutes every once in awhile posting my thoughts, and feelings and all the funny little things that happen when you are raising three kids. I am so horrible at keeping up in my journal that I dread it because I always have to catch up and never get around to writing about NOW. And when you are catching up you forget all the details...especially the feelings and the funny stories. So I decided "to blog" hoping that I will capture the real essence of life. So here goes...

7 comments:

Meg and Jeremy said...

Oh yeah! I am so excited that you finally started a blog. It will be great. You'll be addicted in no time. And don't worry about keeping up with your journal, blogging is kinda like keeping a journal, just with pictures, videos, and slideshows. Plus you can add music. Anyway, it'll be fun.

Ranisa said...

Don't know what your doing? Your blog is way cool....I have no idea how do the background thing and you even have a pic at the top WITH writting over it! I am excited! Love the video of the boys too!

Rebecca said...

Welcome to the blog community. I agree--it's too much time sometimes, but it's so fun!

Rebecca

Paul and Kimberly Morrison Family said...

I love staying updated through blogs! By the way, the video was very cute. I'm sure the boys have fun watching themselves over and over.

Liz said...

Teej! I'm so glad you have a blog now. Woo hoo! Blogging is just so much fun. I've completely ditched the journaling (though I still copy and paste my blog entries into a Word document as an offline journal). Anyway, I'm excited. Can you tell?

I, too, loved the video. Soren was giggling the whole time and wanted to watch it over and over. I'm sure he'd love to learn the dance. :)

Keep the updates and pictures coming! More, more. I'd love to see more McKenzie!

Liz said...

...or Mackenzie...that too. :)

Amanda said...

YaY! so cute! I'm so happy you have joined the blogging club.