Friday, July 29, 2011

Saturday

Saturday started with a pancake breakfast at Bountiful Park. Only Mackenzie went with my mom and grandparents. Dane was still asleep, Brice said he wanted to stay home and Luke was ready for a nap by the time they left. Next came the Bountiful park carnival...with its cheesy carni rides and yummy scones and corn-on-the-cob!









This was the best "bouncy" blow-up thingy ever. Brice was hilarious! He would intentionally let himself get pulled backwards. It was pretty tricky for both of them to pull the bungee chords far enough to make a "touch-down" with the kid pulling them back on the other side.











Here are Lyndsee and I waiting for the kids to finish their ride. It was soooo hot! I did something to my eye and had to wear my glasses for about 3 days...not fun!








Next came the official Craig Family Reunion. There was lots of swimming, great food, games and conversation. I was so glad I could be there to see all my aunts, uncles, cousins and their kids.












This is Luke and James (my cousin Stacey's baby who is only a week older than Luke). They were totally attacking each other. The funniest part is when Luke grabbed at James' face...he didn't scream or cry he just tried to bite Luke's finger. LOL!









We finished off the night lighting off our own fireworks. I had stopped at the Indian Reservation on my way to Utah. I asked for fireworks that didn't go off the ground (not realizing that Utah now allows the ones that shoot in the air). But, apparently I grabbed the wrong ones. I ended up with 3 of the best fireworks in the family display! They were true up in the air explosions. Whoops! :0)







This was the last picture of the trip. The playplace at McDonalds on our drive home. The drive home was better...only 7.5 hours. One really major melt down with in the first hour (even I was in tears). But the rest of the drive was manageable. It was a whirlwind of activities. Lots of fun, late nights, little sleep and lots of family. The drive there and back was anything but fun. But, in the end it was definitely worth it! Driving to California, even by myself, will be a breeze!



No comments: