Friday, May 29, 2009

Trauma

Friday night Brice and Dane had gone to bed and had been there for about an hour. Of course they still weren't sleeping, but we were ignoring them. Then Brice starts wailing. This happens pretty often. Brice is messing around and hurts himself by falling or something. Or Dane has done something to make him mad.
I went back, saw blood, lifted Brice down from his bed and then yelled to Dan. Brice's mouth was full of blood. Apparently Brice had wrapped his blankets around his head and was jumping on the bed. At some point he fell and smashed his front teeth on the bed frame (hence the wailing).

We brought him out and one tooth was gone, probably lost in the bedding. We still haven't found it. But one was hanging on by a thread. Brice was hysterical. I wanted Dan to wiggle it to see how loose it was. He told me that if he touched it he was going to pull it out. I called the dentist a couple of times trying to decide what to do. Basically my option was wiggle it out or bring him in and have the dentist pull it out. She thought it might be more traumatic bringing him to the office and the numbing shot would probably hurt more than pulling it.
So we decided to do it ourselves. We put on a little orajel, gave him some motrin. I held him and Dan grabbed on with some pliers and one jerk later, the tooth was out.

He was a more upset about loosing his teeth than he was about the pain until we convinced him that the teeth would grow back and that it was cool to lose baby teeth. More poor little boy!
For those of you with strong stomachs...here are some photos of my toothless 4 year old:

13 comments:

Mae said...

oh my gosh, Ouch for the 2 of ya! Wow. I am not looking forward to one of those accidents. I hope he is feeling better fast!

Judy said...

Reminiscent of his Aunt Lyndsee, although a bit older. He must really admire her! I remember how cute she was with that missing tooth. It was almost sad when the new one grew in.

Jen said...

Ouch! That's not how you want to loose your first teeth. Poor guy.

Ranisa said...

Poor guy! For some reason he is looking a lot more like Dane now.

Rebecca said...

Yikes! Scary!!

ricciquill said...

Poor guy, hope he is feeling better soon.

Julee said...

Sorry Brice!!!! You look pretty cool dude!! I love you Ya Ya

reesekelleyandboys said...

OH my goodness - OUCH! I would have died! Crazy boys! Hope hes feeling all better! Awesome backyard, looks like FUN!

Amy said...

Poor kid. Silly boys jumping on bed :)

Alli Waldron said...

Those pictures are gross. One day I'm sure he'll be proud of all his battle scars!

Paul and Kimberly Morrison Family said...

Poor kid! He does have a really cute toothless grin though.

reesekelleyandboys said...

Hey Tiffany! I got your message, we have been out of town. We will get those boys together... one day!! :)

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are gross.
That's not how you want to loose your first teeth.

--
Vince
Best Affordable Security Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV