Sunday, December 21, 2008

Merry Christmas!



December 21, 2008
Dear Friends and Family,
In this day of technology and convenience we are blessed with an “easy way out.” Today Dan and I realized that there is a fundamental difference in the way that we do things. We learned this after a conversation with Dane about why he is so slow at his schoolwork (it was the only negative thing his teacher had to say about him). His answer was, “I guess I just want to get A’s.” He is his mother’s son. Dan, on the other hand, mentioned that when he was a kid he just wanted to get it done. And in his mind, “whatever I had done deserved an A.” (He still thinks that way.) Me, I have always wanted things done well. Yesterday after about four hours of hand-making bridal shower invitations, I asked myself, “Why do I do this to myself?” Now we all know…I don’t want to just get it done, I want people to think I did a good job.



Well…as time is running out before Christmas and I have just ended a busy week of all kinds of stuff. I have decided to take the “easy way out” and adopt Dan’s way of thinking. So here is our family Christmas Greeting. It comes to you by way of "the blog." My goal is to not be stressed these last days before my favorite holiday. I am hoping to spend more time enjoying it with my kids and less time worrying about what others will think about our Christmas card (or lack thereof). Maybe next year I will manage my time a little better and you will get something a bit more personal…and you will think, “Wow, she deserves an A for this!” :0) But this year, I hope you will understand that I just needed to “get it done.” (Not to mention the fact that my printer is broken and I probably already spent too much on Christmas).



Please know that we don’t love you any less. We are so thankful for your place in our life, whether it be daily, weekly, monthly or even just yearly (with your much anticipated Christmas cards). We are also thankful for the invention of the “blog” which allows us to see updates on your lives as time quickly passes.



We hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. We always love guests…our door is always open if you ever need a place to stay in Las Vegas.

Love,
The Jenkins Family


P.S. Not much has changed in the past year. We still live in Las Vegas. Summer didn’t seem so hot this year. And so far winter has been one for the record books. Tiffany still hopes to move back to California but fears our time here is getting longer due to Dan’s new love. He now works for the Public Defender’s office where he has the opportunity to be in a courtroom almost everyday arguing his own cases. Dane is in 1st grade, Brice is loving preschool and Mackenzie mastered walking almost two months ago (despite the fact that just turned one).


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey! I love this new technology. You have to pick your priorities right? Well, I want to stay in touch with MORE people, not less, and if I had to pay for stampes, cards, printing, etc, it would go out to LESS people. It's a pride issue, and I am losing all my pride! haha!

Rebecca said...

Oooooh. and not to mention the time factor--that's the biggest thing in my book. Maybe some day . . .

Jen said...

I got your blog from Rebecca! Your kids are so cute! It was great to see your blog. We are adopting two girls from Ukraine and have started a blog updating all that happens with that and our family! It is drewandjenbenson.blogspot.com. Good to hear all is well! Take care.

Alli Waldron said...

We are a lot alike. I have always been the one who has to do everything 110%. Chad is like your husband and thinks that as long as it gets done that is good enough. I'm glad we're different though because he has helped me relax a little.

Julee said...

I lived the Christmas picture!!!!

Julee said...

That was loved......